Table of Contents
Best HLA Test Cost in Nigeria 2023
Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Is a cell surface antigen that stimulates an immune response to recognize and eliminate foreign cells/antigens that enter the body.
A genetic test called a “genetic test” Human Leukocyte Antigen Typing (HLA) Test in nigeria Used to analyze donor and recipient compatibility. Patients must pass the test before they can receive a safe bone marrow or organ transplant. HLA typing tests evaluate several parts of your immune system.
HLA Typing Fees in Nigeria start at NGN 95600, usually within 12 days. Ideally, the recipient and donor should have the same HLA type.
What is an HLA test?
Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Test Also known as histological typing or Histocompatibility testing. They are specialized proteins that can be found on the surface of all cells in the body. Humans inherit the HLA genes responsible for the presence of HLA antigens on cells.
this HLA Typing Test in Nigeria Most often used to determine who can donate tissue for the safest types of transplants (solid organ and bone marrow transplants).
All potential tissue recipients and donors, including relatives of transplant recipients who wish to donate, are HLA-typed.
Types of HLA Testing
HLA gene and antigen testing are sometimes used for other purposes. Differences in specific HLA genes have been linked to autoimmune disorders, disease, and drug sensitivity:
For example, HLA-B27 antigen, Present in many types of spondyloarthritis, including:
- ankylosing spondylitis
- Arthritis associated with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- psoriatic arthritis
- reactive arthritis
- Sacroiliitis (arthritis of the sacroiliac joint)
- Uveitis (eye inflammation)
What exactly does the HLA test check for?
- HLA Testing in Nigeria Recognizes the major HLA antigens found on the surface of an individual’s cells, as well as antibodies to the HLA antigens and the genes responsible for the HLA antigens, in order to match transplant donors and recipients.
- The HLA genes are located on a region on chromosome 6 called Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC). MHC plays an important role in the control of the immune system.
- It helps the immune system determine which cells are “Own” and which are “foreign” or”Without me“. Anything identified as “Without me“May stimulate an immune response, including antibody formation.
- HLA Antibody Test in Nigeria Transplant recipients are tested to see if they have antibodies against the HLA antigens on the donor organ or tissue. Platelet transfusion recipients are also tested for HLA antibodies to see if they have any antibodies that might target the donor platelets and suppress a healthy response to the transfusion.
- for Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) Transplantation Succeed and reduce risk Graft versus host disease (GVHD)the HLA genes of the donor and recipient must be the same or match as much as possible.
- ABO blood type compatibility Crucial in solid organ transplantation, such as Kidney, heart, or lung transplant. After ABO type matching, it is also useful to match the HLA antigens between the donor and recipient.
- HLA typing mismatch, Unlike ABO matching, it is less serious as long as the recipient does not develop HLA antibodies against the donor antigens. To reduce organ rejection, many drugs may be given to help suppress the recipient’s immune system.
Where can I get HLA testing in Nigeria?
HLA detection kit Now available in various Nigerian hospitals with the help of Indian Medical Surgery.person who wants to take HLA Testing Affordable Can easily buy from our website. There are many places in Nigeria where you can have HLA typing:
- HLA Testing at Lagos Transplant Center
- HLA Test in Abuja Cancer Clinic or Center
- HLA testing in various clinics in Africa
- Best Hospitals in Nigeria for HLA Testing
IndiaMedAssist Consultant can promote HLA test kits in various parts of Africa at an affordable cost. This option is available to individuals with genetic disorders who wish to undergo a transplant but do not want to spend a lot of money on testing.
How much does HLA testing cost in Nigeria?
Many of the leading diagnostic centers and pathology laboratories in Nigeria are equipped with cutting-edge technology offering transparent pricing structures for HLA typing tests.
but that CMost of the Nigerian HLA Typing Tests start at USD NGN 95200.
|HLA Typing Fee in Nigeria
How is HLA testing done?
- Blood typing is much simpler than HLA matching or typing (matching donors and recipients). Eight HLA types, or markers, are critical for stem cell transplantation. Finding the perfect match requires a lot of testing.
- A bone marrow transplant Must succeed if all eight flags match. If at least six of the eight markers match, the cord blood transfusion must have been successful. A close HLA match between donor and recipient increases the likelihood of success.
- tissue sample required HLA typing test. Samples are usually obtained through a swab of the inside of the cheek or a blood sample drawn from a vein in the arm.
- You do not need to prepare for the exam. After the sample is collected, it is forwarded to a specialized laboratory for analysis.
What are the benefits of HLA typing testing in Nigeria?
HLA matching typing test between donor and recipient increases the likelihood of an HLA match successful stem cell transplant and reduce the likelihood of complications such as Graft versus host disease (GVHD).
this HLA Typing Test in Nigeria The outcome is determined by the degree of HLA match between the donor and recipient. If they are sufficiently comparable, the likelihood of transplant complications is reduced.Therefore, finding the correct HLA match is critical to a successful Bone Marrow Transplant in Nigeria.
The test compares lymphocytes in addition to antibodies. This method looks for antibodies against the donor protein in the recipient’s blood.
How can IndiaMedAssist Consultant help?
IndiaMedAssist Consultant is a reputable support system for patients seeking medical, hospital and professional treatment. We will find the most suitable medical options for you. Also, people from all over the world who want to get blood or HLA test kits at affordable prices can order from IndiaMedAssist Consultant website and get the kits delivered to their doorstep in very less time. In addition, we assist patients in obtaining travel authorization, medical visas and many other matters.
Most Important FAQs Best HLA Test Cost in Nigeria
Q: What is an HLA blood test?
A: This test looks for antibodies in the blood to a marker of cells called human leukocyte antigen (HLA). If you need an organ transplant, this test will help you find a donor organ that is right for your body to work on. Many types of HLA antibodies are associated with autoimmune diseases.
Q: What exactly are HLA disorders?
A: HLA disease association is defined as a statistical increase in the frequency of an HLA haplotype in people with the disease compared to those without the disease. This is called relative risk. HLA-B27 is present in 80-90% of patients with ankylosing spondylitis.
Q: Which HLA is most important?
A: HLA class I and II matching plays an important role in organ transplants, especially kidney and bone marrow transplants. HLA matching at the DR locus is of great importance in heart-lung transplantation, but there are certain challenges, such as ischemic time, donor availability, and clinical requirements of the recipient.
Q: What are the three different types of HLA?
Answer: The HLA system is divided into three parts. The class I region contains genes encoding HLA-A, -B, and -C molecules. The class II region also encodes HLA-DR, -DQ and -DP. Finally, there is the class III region, which contains genes encoding complement system proteins and TNF family genes.
Q: Who needs HLA platelets?
A: Patients with thrombocytopenia should receive HLA-matched platelets if at least two CCI values are consistent with immune-refractory thrombocytopenia.