To ensure good health, one needs to follow discipline regarding one’s meal timings and habits. improper digestion can lead to many health problems, which is why knowing what to eat and eating food carefully – while also knowing how much to eat – is important.
According to Nidhi Sharma, founder of Half Life to Health – an online nutrition and fitness platform – it is also important to know the dos and don’ts before and after meals so that one can meet their needs. nutritional goals,
buy now , Our best subscription plan now has a special price
“It is common to make mistakes, and one may not realize that they are actually unhealthy practices. Many people have a set of practices they have adopted in relation to food, but now it is time to address those unhealthy practices. The time is right,” she says.
Experts mention the following things that should be avoided after having a meal; read on.
* Avoid taking a bath immediately: After a meal, blood surrounds the stomach to help with digestion and when you take a bath, the body temperature changes. To bring the body back to its original temperature, blood moves from the surface of the abdomen to the surface of the skin, making digestion worse and slower.
*Avoid exercising: vigorous exercise Eating right after a meal can disrupt the digestion process. This can cause nausea, stomach/abdominal pain, and vomiting, which can lead to acid reflux.
* Avoid sleeping or taking a nap: The urge to lie down after a meal is quite common. Due to this the digestive juices rise up, which leads to cravings. heartburn, A person may wake up feeling full after a meal.
* avoid drink lots of water: It slows down the digestion process. Drinking too much water dilutes stomach acid and worsens digestion. Most Indian meals contain enough liquids in the form of gravy, dal, sambar, chaas, etc. Salad also has a high water content.
* Avoid activities that involve leaning forward; This can cause acid reflux.
*Avoid eating fruit after a meal, as it can reduce the absorption of nutrients from fruits.
*Avoid drinking tea/coffee: These contain some phenolic compounds that interfere with the absorption of certain nutrients, such as iron, from food.
* avoid alcohol consumption Or smoking: Although they are harmful to the body, but consuming them after a meal increases the health risk.
According to experts, these are the activities that a person can do after a meal:
– Keep yourself mobile, but without doing anything too intense. It’s important to be active, but don’t overdo it.
To break food and to digest it, take half a cup of hot water. This can especially help people with digestive problems or if they have been eating too late.
I Follow us for more lifestyle news Instagram | Twitter , Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!