Table of Contents
Affordable Carotid Endarterectomy Surgery Cost in India
carotid artery disease is the leading cause of stroke. Over time, plaque can harden and narrow arteries. This may reduce the flow of oxygen-rich blood to organs and other body parts.
The program is Carotid Endarterectomy in India For the treatment of Carotid artery disease. This condition occurs when a fatty, waxy deposit forms in one of the carotid arteries. The carotid arteries are blood vessels that run along the sides of the neck.
The cost of Carotid Endarterectomy in India is quite affordable compared to other developed countries. The overall treatment plan may vary depending on the severity of the patient and the location of the hospital.
What is Carotid Endarterectomy
Surgery to remove plaque (fat and cholesterol buildup) in the carotid artery, which supplies blood to your brain and face, is called “carotid plaque removal.” Carotid endarterectomy in India. There is one carotid artery on each side of the neck. When plaque builds up on the wall of a carotid artery, blood flow may slow or stop. A stroke occurs when enough blood does not reach the brain.
The carotid artery is the main blood channel that delivers nutrients and oxygen to the neck, face and brain. carotid endarterectomy It is done when one or both carotid arteries are constricted by a buildup of fatty deposits (plaque). This is called carotid artery disease or stenosis.
A vascular surgeon will perform the following tests to find out if Carotid Endarterectomy in India is right for you:
- Examine you.
- Evaluate your medical history.
- Get a diagnostic test.
You and your doctor will decide whether to have surgery.The operation is performed in a hospital operating room Best Vascular Surgeons in India.
Local or general anesthesia is used during carotid endarterectomy. Your surgeon makes an incision in the front of your neck, opens your carotid artery, and removes the plaque that is blocking the carotid artery. The surgeon then repairs the artery with stitches or a patch made from the vein or artificial material (patch graft).
a called eversion carotid endarterectomy in India Occasionally employed by surgeons. The procedure involves disconnecting the carotid artery and turning it over before removing the plaque. Then, the surgeon reconnects the artery.
Who is a good candidate for carotid endarterectomy
atherosclerosis is the most common Causes of carotid artery stenosis. This is plaque that builds up on the inner walls of arteries. Plaques are composed of lipids, cholesterol, cellular waste products, calcium and fibrin. Atherosclerosis is sometimes called “hardening of the arteries.” It has the potential to damage arteries throughout the body.this Symptoms of Carotid Artery Disease Similar to coronary artery disease.blockage in the arteries of the heart coronary artery disease, which can lead to a heart attack. It can cause a stroke in the brain.
To function properly, the brain requires a steady supply of oxygen and nutrients. Even small disruptions in blood supply can lead to complications. After minutes without blood or oxygen, brain cells begin to die. A stroke can occur if the carotid artery narrows so badly that it blocks blood flow, or if a piece of plaque breaks off and blocks blood supply to the brain. Mini-strokes (transient ischemic attacks, or TIAs) are characterized by stroke-like symptoms lasting only a few minutes to a few hours. TIAs may be the first sign of the disease.
If you have carotid artery disease, you may not experience any symptoms. Plaque buildup may not prevent sufficient blood flow to cause symptoms. Arteries that are only partially stopped or less frequent do not produce any symptoms.
Your doctor may recommend carotid endarterectomy for other reasons.
How Carotid Endarterectomy is Performed
- In addition to a physical exam, you may also have tests a few days before your treatment to see if the surgery is safe to perform. Your surgeon may order a cerebral angiogram to better identify the anatomy of your brain. Cerebral angiography is an invasive diagnostic technique that produces x-ray images of the inside of blood vessels in the brain.
- However, in many cases, your healthcare provider can now obtain this information with CT or MR angiography. These are non-invasive methods of obtaining information about the carotid arteries and brain, and can be done without the risk of stroke.
- Certain medications may need to be stopped before carotid endarterectomy, so be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all medications you are taking (including over-the-counter medications, herbal remedies, and vitamins).
- Your healthcare team will give you detailed information to help you prepare for treatment. Most people will continue to take aspirin throughout the procedure. If you are taking aspirin or clopidogrel, you should consult your doctor before stopping these medicines.
Carotid endarterectomy in India usually takes about two hours.
Your doctor will give you general anesthesia (to put you to sleep) or local anesthesia (to keep you awake but numb the surgical area). If you have regional anesthesia, you will be given medicine to help you relax.
Surgeons take the following steps during carotid endarterectomy:
- A 4 inch incision is made in the neck where the blockage is located.
- Small tubes may be used to temporarily divert blood flow around a blockage or narrowing while isolating the site.
- An incision is made along the artery containing the plaque.
- The plaque is removed and the gap closed, usually with a piece of material to widen the artery and prevent further constriction.
- Restore blood flow to the brain by conventional means.
After the program
Most people will stay overnight in the hospital to be monitored for complications after treatment.
A temporary drain may be placed in your neck to collect fluid from the area where your provider made the incision. This drain is usually only used for one day.
Your healthcare provider will discuss the results of your surgery with you. This technology can go a long way toward preventing future brain damage and reducing the risk of stroke. However, unless you adopt better lifestyle habits, plaque buildup, blood clots, and other carotid problems may return.
What is the cost of Carotid Endarterectomy in India
average Cost of Carotid Endarterectomy in India From $2600. The entire treatment cost plan may vary depending on the type of hospital and city the patient chooses. return, cost Carotid Endarterectomy in India May vary based on a number of criteria such as:
- packaged as Carotid Endarterectomy in India It can be determined according to the preferences of the hospital.
- The physician’s competence and experience in the discipline.
- Patient’s condition: the patient’s disease and whether other comprehensive treatment is needed.
- hospital stay and length of stay Carotid Endarterectomy in India.
- Postoperative care is required.
What are the advantages of carotid endarterectomy in India
If you’ve ever had a stroke, carotid endarterectomy can reduce your risk of another stroke by a third within three years of the procedure. Most people tolerate the process well.
Even if treatment is successful, your doctor may recommend that you:
- Strengthen your diet.
- start exercising
- Do not use tobacco products.
- Lower your stress levels.
- Take cholesterol-lowering medicines.
These steps help prevent plaque from forming again.
How to restore
Carotid endarterectomy heals quickly. Most patients go home the next day. Just go home and take a shower. Just don’t scrub the surgical adhesive or spray it with water.
Check the cut daily and avoid using lotion on it. Wear clothing that won’t rub against the incision.
After three to four weeks, you should be able to resume most of your daily activities. You can drive once the incision has healed and turning your head is no longer painful. The area around the jaw and earlobes may appear numb for six months to a year.
If you have had a stroke or have carotid artery disease, carotid endarterectomy can improve blood flow and help prevent future strokes. You and your doctor can determine if this surgery is right for you. Even so, if you improve your diet, exercise more, and reduce stress, you’ll have a better chance of treating carotid artery disease. Attend follow-up appointments and continue taking prescribed medications.
Most Important FAQs About Carotid Endarterectomy Surgery Cost in India
Q: What exactly is carotid endarterectomy?
A: Carotid endarterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove fatty deposits (plaque) that constrict the carotid arteries. The carotid artery is the main blood channel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the neck, face and brain.
Q: Where is carotid endarterectomy performed?
A: The positioning of CEA
All patients are supine with the head on a sturdy support and the neck extended and rotated away from the operative side. Surgeons use a variety of techniques to stretch the patient’s neck and insert pillows under the neck and shoulders.
Q: What are the different types of carotid endarterectomy?
Answer: The classic/traditional method and eversion method are the two basic surgical methods for carotid endarterectomy. To access the carotid sheath, the surgeon incises the fat and platysma muscle along the medial side of the sternocleidomastoid muscle.
Q: Which nerves are at risk for endarterectomy?
A: Due to their anatomical close proximity to the carotid bifurcation, the nerves most likely to be injured during carotid endarterectomy are the mandibular marginal branch of the facial nerve (Vth), the laryngeal branch of the vagus nerve (Xth), and the hypoglossal nerve . (12) NERVES.
Q: What medications will I take after endarterectomy?
A: Take the medicine as directed to prevent plaque buildup in the arteries. Continue taking aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, ASA) and/or Plavix (clopidogrel) as directed by your doctor. Make lifestyle changes to control blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol.